Balesin Adventure Trail Run
About the race
The Balesin Adventure Trail Run is a race conceptualized and organized by RUNRIO Inc. It is inspired by the fact that in tropical countries like the Philippines, the weather is mostly hot and humid. However, running mid morning will be a more fun and exciting experience with your family and friends as the runners will be able to outlook the beautiful view of the island.
The team also aims to promote an active and healthy lifestyle to Filipino's and non FIlipino's as well. Especially for the non runners who would want to try something new.
Your registration for the Balesin Adventure Trail Run includes flights per pax to and from Balesin Island Club and, 3-days / 2-nights accommodation from November 24 to 26, 2017 in one of Balesin's Luxurious Villas. Each Villa can accommodate up to four (4) persons.
Each registration session will let you register up to four (4) persons in a Villa.
The runners have two race categories to choose from namely, 5K and 21K which will be FREE OF CHARGE. In addition, there will be activities for the whole family, special offers at Aegle Wellness Center and an after party at the finish line for all the participants.
- Quad Occupancy Villa - PHP 19,600 / Person
- Triple Occupancy Villa - PHP 22,400 / Person
- Double Occupancy Villa - PHP 28,000 / Person
- Single Occupancy Villa - PHP 44,800 / Person
- Single Registration (Quad Sharing) - PHP 19,600/ Person
- For Single Registrants we will be grouping the participants into four(4) to share 1 Villa. It is a first come , first serve basis.
-- If we cannot fill up the four(4) single participants into 1 Villa, then the participant must pay for the corresponding registration fees offered. You will be receiving a message from the Organizer if there are any concerns.
- Registration is open to all.
- Balesin is a cashless Island. All transactions are done thru debit and/or credit cards.
Schedules, Distances & Fees
|Assembly Time||08:30 AM||08:00 AM|
|Gun Start||09:30 AM||09:00 AM|
|Cut-off Time||10:30 AM (1 hour)||01:00 PM (4 hours)|
Race Kit Claiming will be on November 24, 2017
Participants must follow the instructions of all event officials (staff and volunteers). For participants’ safety, no skates, strollers, or animals are permitted. Costumes covering the face, or any bulky outfit extending beyond the perimeter of the body, are not permitted.
RUNRIO reserves the right to change the details of the event, including delaying, canceling, or suspending the race due to inclement weather or other potential safety risks. Participants must retire at once from the race if ordered to do so by event officials, medical staff, or any governmental authority, including firefighters and police officers.
Any participant who conducts him/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner or who is offensive in action or language to event officials, other participants, volunteers, or spectators may be disqualified.
Protests related to results will be entertained for up to one (1) hour after the posting of results. All protests should be made in writing and submitted to the event officials or sent to email@example.com. A non-refundable protest fee amounting to P5,000 is required. Verbal protests will not be entertained."
All participants must provide accurate information, including age, gender, and emergency contact information, when filling out the event application form. It is strongly recommended that the closest family member who is in Manila should be written as the emergency contact person.
Request for information changes will not be accepted once the event has started. Registration is on a first-come first-served basis.
Entry fees are non-refundable and may not be deferred or transferred.
- For 21K, participants must be 16 years and above
- For 5K, participants must be 5 years and above
Participants below the age of 18 must seek their parental/guardian consent and fill up the entry form where the parent/guardian is required to sign.
If your race number is lost, you will have to register again. Runners without the official race number will not be allowed to run.
Race numbers are non-transferable. You cannot give or sell your race number to another person. A participant who does not wear his or her assigned race number, or who is found to have transferred, bought, sold or otherwise permitted any other individual to wear his or her race number, will be disqualified and suspended from subsequent RUNRIO events."
Participants are responsible for arriving at the start line corral on time. Any participant who climbs over a barricade or otherwise enters improperly may be disqualified. For participant safety, once a corral is closed for entry, late-arriving participants must report to the next available corral.
Participants who do not start within 15 minutes from respective flag off will be disqualified and may not be allowed to start. No result will be given to disqualified participants.
Your official finish time is recorded by the timing system from when you cross the starting line to when you cross the finish line. Top finishers will be determined by gun time (the time from the starting horn until the runner crosses the finish line).
Participants must stay within course boundaries, as designated by barriers, traffic cones, delineation, and/or other markings, at all times. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
No participant, after leaving the course, will be allowed to rejoin the race either for the purpose of getting the finisher’s freebies or to pace or assist another competitor.
Unofficial pacers or other unregistered participants are not permitted. (This does not apply to officially designated pacers.) A participant who receives assistance during an event from anyone other than official medical personnel may be disqualified.
- A weapon of any kind, including firearms, knives, Mace, etc.
- Any dangerous item that could be considered dangerous, including hammers, saws, sharp objects, etc.
- Flammable liquids, fuels, fireworks, toxic chemicals, and explosives
- Large packages, coolers, tents, etc.
- Sleeping bags, and large blankets or comforters
- Alcoholic beverages and illegal substances of any kind
- Unmanned aerial devices, drones, survey balloons, photography mini-copters, and any flying device with an on/off switch.
- Opaque trash bags and any non-transparent plastic bags (Clear trash bags are allowed.)
- Folding chairs, camp chairs, and tables of any kind
- Glass containers
- Containers of liquid larger than one liter
- Suitcases and rolling bags
- Costumes that cover the face and any bulky outfits that extend beyond the perimeter of the body
- Selfie-sticks and any camera mount or rig that isn’t attached directly to the head or torso
The race organizer may change, without prior notice, any of the rules and regulations that they may deem necessary to ensure the success of the race. The race organizer’s decision is final.
21K and 5K finishers within the cut-off time will receive a finisher’s medal.
Trophies, medals, and cash prizes will be given to the top finishers only.
- Men’s & Women’s Divisions:
- Men’s & Women’s Division
Official race results will be uploaded two (2) days after race day, visit www.runrio.com for more details.